Thursday 3 May 2012

Knitting for Queen's Jubilee exhibition

As a part of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations an event was organised for kids at the Valentines Mansion Gardens. Called the "Big Book Bubble", the exhibition was a part of "London Pride" and was aimed at kids aged between 2-8 years. However, not just kids even adults were seen enjoying the knitted world of storybook characters :-)
 I am a big fan of children books and seeing characters from famous childrens' books knitted and displayed quite nicely was a big treat for me alhamdulillah:-) Unfortunately my eldest son Imran who is four refused to go in so Yobo decided to stay outside in the park with him while I went inside with Ayesha and baby Yusuf. I was talking to one of the organisers who was showing me some of the knitted toys. The oranges were made of Sainsburry shopping bags! Quite an interesting way to re-use stuff :-) Enjoy the photos!
Can you spot all the yummy food the hungry catterpiller ate?

Alhamdulillah I enjoyed my time and felt sad that I can't knit :-( My mum is a great knitter mashallah. I hope to share some photos of her amazing skill in future insha-Allah. Anyways, for Imran walking with his dad was the best part of the trip ;-) Alhamdulillah!

No comments:

Post a Comment